Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SONG

Some Facts about …DIDO
Born: December 25th, 1971 in London.
Name: Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle Armstrong.
Known as: Dido
Family: French mother, Irish father, one brother, Rollo, who is lead singer in the band Faithless.
Unusual fact: didn’t have a TV when she was a child.
Musical instruments: recorder, piano, violin, guitar.
Album: No Angel (1999) – includes Thank you (Eminem used the first verse of this song in his hit single Stan); Life for Rent (2003).

  1. Read the information about Dido and answer the questions.

  1. What nationality are Dido’s parents?
  2. What couldn’t she do when she was younger? Why not?
  3. How many instruments can she play?
  4. Which famous singer helped Dido become more popular? How?

  1. Listen to the song. Put lines a-d and e-h in the correct order. Number them 1-8. Then listen again and check.

HERE WITH ME
A ( ) It might change my memory
B ( ) I wonder  how am I still here
C ( ) I didn’t hear you leave
D ( ) And don’t want to move a thing

(chorus)
Oh I am what I am
I’ll do what I want, but can’t hide
I won’t go, I won’t sleep
I can’t breathe, until you’re resting here with me
I won’t leave, I can’t hide
I cannot be, until you’re resting here with me

E ( ) They might wake me from this dream
F ( ) I don’t want to call my friends
G ( ) And I can’t leave this bed
H ( ) Risk forgetting all that’s been

(Repeat chorus)

  1. Imagine your boyfriend/ girlfriend has left you. How do you feel? What can’t you do? Think of verbs and then write a new chorus for the song. Use the chorus as a model.




1 comment:

  1. For those who like music, you will enjoy with this superb Dido’s song. She will lead you through the jungle of modal verbs and get you safe home with her melodious voice.

    ReplyDelete